Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Telling Phrase 4: "Chef cookin' for me"

"Chef cookin' for me" is one of my personal favorite lines. When asked to define the phrase, I have told people that it means "I am VIP." They usually look at me with a dazed and confused look that says either, "Huh?" or "Wait. Why would you say something so arrogant?" The phrase says a lot in a few words. Basically, it is saying, "The chef is in the kitchen cooking something for me because I am a very important person that is in sitting at the head of the table being served." I like it because it is usually used in a humorous way to say something similar to, "I'm on a roll." or "You can't touch this." The meaning of this phrase could also be seen to mean that I'm excited because something great is about to come to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment