Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Telling Phrase 1: Like Frosty Da' Snowman

"Like Frosty Da’ Snowman" is a phrase that indicates that someone who is trying to appear classy, posh, or gangster is wearing diamonds that lack clarity. When I was researching rings before I proposed to Anita, I learned a lot about different diamond cuts, clarity levels, and so forth. I didn't know how much more people are willing to pay for very small clarity differences. I always thought that the size of the diamonds was the most important part. Obviously, I had a lot to learn. The phrase "Like Frosty Da' Snowman" is an insulting phrase that is used against people that are "putting up a front" that they have excessive amounts of money or "swagger." This phrase also appears in Nikki Minaj's rap music. A command that is often associated with this phrase is, "Step up your clarity!"

No comments:

Post a Comment