Friday, May 7, 2010

Telling Use of Language --- Top Ten Things We Love This Week

There is an ongoing article in Entertainment Weekly called "The Top Ten Things We Love This Week." The name of the article is very telling about the attention span, patience, and interest level of both the author and the reader. The apparently has ever changing tastes and interests which swing significantly from week to week usually involve personal opinions touted as truth rather than objective evaluation of products. The continued success of and interest in the article shows that the readers are still enthralled by the subject matter, but it makes me wonder who the person is that writes this article and why should I care what they love this week. I don't know this person, he or she could be an ax-murderer for all I know. So why should I really care what they love this week? The article is very assuming and very self interested as the title suggests.

No comments:

Post a Comment