Friday, May 7, 2010

Telling Use of Language --- Think Outside the Bun

I love Taco Bell. I don't care what people say about the quality of the meat, I don't care about the fat content, or even the number of calories in my cheesy, beefy, gordita crunch. I love taco bell... But not as much as I love a good cheeseburger. Not a fast food cheeseburger but a real home grilled thick juicy cheeseburger. I will always love taco bell but their advertising slogan over the last few years has remained the same rather one sided statement, "think outside the bun." The assumption is that the bun is like the proverbial box which we have all come to understand as being bad to be inside while thinking. The ad equates the box and the bun and makes the bun an object of scorn that is limited and somehow of lesser quality than a taco shell or a tortilla. But I'll be really honest I love thinking inside of the bun. I love the cheeseburger and that's not going to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment