Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Telling Phrase 25: "It is finished!"

When Jesus uttered these words on the cross He wasn't just saying, "I am finally about to die. This pain is excruciating." Instead, what he was really saying was, "I have completed my mission to give everyone the opportunity to have their sins paid for." The Godhead (God the Father, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit) had planned to redeem man since Adam and Eve had sinned in the garden. In my opinion this is the most telling phrase, and the phrase that is the cause for the most joy, hope, and freedom of any statement that has ever been uttered. It is also an excellent phrase to end my posts on for the day. :)

1 comment:

  1. Maxim of Completion? What is it about finishing anyway? "Mission Accomplished" and so on.. If you read the story of Christ on the Cross another way, he is saying "This is only the beginning!"

    ReplyDelete